Wayanad Guided Tour
Departure/Return LocationWAYANAD - KOZHIKODE
Day 1: ARRIVAL KOZHIKODE- WAYANAD
Arrive at Kozhikode airport- the land of the Zamorin’s for a warm welcome by our representative for your short tour of Wayanad. On the 2 hr long journey we will drive through scenic landscapes passing the winding roads of Wayanad Ghat. Make a photo stop at Lakkidi view point to stretch your legs and take for a breathtaking view of the lofty mountain peaks, gurgling streams, luxuriant vegetation of the valley and the ghat roads down under that you passed on your way up. Visit to the Chain Tree, which according to local lore houses the soul of Karinthandan- a local chieftain who helped an English engineer find the way up to the virgin land of Wayanad through the thick rainforest of the ghat. Karinthandan was killed by the engineer to take credit of finding the route. His spirit later started haunting the travelers on the route to Wayanad and finally was rested onto a small Tree with a Chain. It’s believed that the Chain is still growing with the Tree. Check in to your room on arrival at the resort, and relax for the rest of the day. Enjoy your buffet dinner and overnight stay at Wayanad.
Day 2: WAYANAD FULL DAY TOUR
We start the day with a sumptuous breakfast at your resort, followed by a visit to the Suchipara Waterfalls, popular as Sentinel Rock Waterfalls- it’s a 200 mtr falls split into three tiers with a cliff side that’s used by enthusiasts as a popular rock climbing point. The journey to the falls is through lush green Tea Plantations in the village of Meppadi. We drive to Ambalavayal for a hike to the Pre-historic Edakkal Caves. The petroglyphs seen here have been dated back to 6000BC indicating the presence of a civilisation much older than the Greek in these regions. After the hike, we will visit a local agrarian family, for a hosted lunch giving you an opportunity to hear about the local customs and life of the people of Wayanad. Later, we will embark on a spice plantation tour through the family owned farm to get acquainted with the cultivation and harvest of various spices like Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, etc and various fruits and their uses, explained in detail by your host. Bid farewell to your host and proceed towards Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary, for a jeep safari into the Forest. The Sanctuary is a rainforest spreading 345 SqKm connecting the Kerala state to Karnataka & Tamil Nadu forming an abode of rich flora and fauna. The jeep safari takes you through the buffer zone of the reserve providing you the opportunity to see many indigenous types of trees and wildlife like Monkeys, Deer, Gaur, Elephants and on a lucky day even the elusive Tiger. We drive back to your resort for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 3: WAYANAD- KOZHIKODE- DEPARTURE
As all good things have an ending, your exhilarating Wayanad break will come to an end as we check out from the resort in the morning and drive downhill from the mountains towards Kozhikode airport to board your onward flight. Before you leave, we would like to remind you to pen down your experience, and valuable comments about our services, which will always help us self evaluate and better ourselves, ensuring we make memorable holidays to our valuable customers like you.
- Return Airport transfers
- Accommodation in best in class hotels/ resort as mentioned below.
- Transportation throughout the tour in exclusive A/c car
- Services of experienced English speaking.
- Services of English speaking guide for full day tour at Wayanad
- Hosted lunch and spice plantation tour with a local agrarian family.
- Wildlife Safari in open Jeep at Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary.
- 2 bottle mineral water per person per day during tour.
- All applicable entrance tickets to sightseeing points visited.
- Optional tours
- Surcharges for local/ other language guides
- Mandatory Tips to driver approx. Euro 2 per person / Day
- Mandatory Tips to Guide approx. Euro 4 per person / Day
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenditure, such as soft drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc.
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Compulsory gala dinners during festive seasons and peak season surcharges which will be advised at the time of booking
- Visa fees
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the itinerary