Situated off the northwestern shore of the European continent, the United Kingdom is a sovereign state made up of the four countries England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It was the world’s first industrialized country and has the sixth largest economy in the world by nominal GDP. The UK remains a great power with considerable economic, cultural, military, scientific and political influence internationally. It is a recognized nuclear weapons state and its military expenditure ranks fourth in the world.
The United Kingdom is ranked as the sixth major tourist destination in the world and London has the most international visitors and immigrants of any city in the world.
To visit UK you require a visa. Read this blog and get in touch with Arooha to begin the process of applying for a UK visa from India.
Type of Visa
Suitable for all entrepreneurs, business people and investors visiting US for trade,investment or Business reasons
This category is suitable for tourists visiting UK
This category is suitable for individuals visiting their spouse, family members, relatives or friends residing in UK
Supporting Documents To Apply For A UK Visa
For a successful UK visa application process from India, the UK Embassy requires the applicant to hand over the following supporting documents along with the visa application form.
- Proof of current income, business or property ownership, assets or tax payments.
- Scheduled trip itinerary or details about your trip.
- A letter from your employer detailing your designation, salary, duration of employment, any authorized vacation and the business purpose, if any, of your UK trip.
- The criminal or court records of any conviction or arrest. This applies even if the sentence was completed or pardoned.
Additionally, based on your purpose of travel, you should consider bringing the following:
latest school results, transcripts and degrees/diplomas.
evidence of financial support in the form of fixed deposit receipts, monthly bank statements or any other type of valid proof.
an employment letter from your employer and pay slips from the most recent three months.
Business visitors and company directors
evidence of your position in the company and remuneration.
Visiting a relative
Copies proofing the residency status of your relatives in the form of valid residency visa, naturalization certificate, green card, etc.
Previous visitors to the United States
If you were previously in the UK, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.
UK Visa price
Two criteria that cause price fluctuations of your UK visa are the applicant’s age and the visa type they are applying for.
The visa fee has to be paid to get a UK visa and will not be refunded at any cost even if the visa gets rejected. Additionally, there is INR.2500/- as service charge for assistance throughout the visa process.
UK Visa processing
What is the usual procedure when applying for a UK visa?
The list of documents mentioned above have to be submitted to the Arooha visa consultant incharge of your UK visa. The below mentioned procedures will be followed upon submission of supporting documents.
- Pay the UK visa fee and the visa consultation fee, both of which are compulsory.
- Your documents will be checked by the visa consultant. You can also ask any questions you have and discuss about the most suitable visa type for you.
- The UK visa application form will be filled, signed by you and all documents will be rechecked.
- You will receive an appointment date to submit the visa application and the supporting documents to the UK Embassy. You will also go through biometrics.
- The visa issue phase begins and will also anywhere between 10 to 15 working days.
- You will receive a notification when your visa is ready for collection.
- Collect your passport with the stamped UK visa.
- In case of rejection & subsequent reapplication the above mentioned charges has to be repeated.
After all documents are handed over to the UK embassy, how long will it take for the UK visa to be issued?
The processing duration may fluctuate between 15 to 20 working days. In case of heavy rush processing time may be further delayed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How soon should I apply for my appointment?
Most applications are processed and issued in a few business days. But, some applications take long time because of administrative processing. This cannot be predicted in advance nor do we know how long it will take. So make sure to apply a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks before intended day of travel.
How long does my passport have to be valid in order to apply for a UK visa?
Your passport should have a validity period of more than six months from your date of scheduled return to be eligible to apply for a United Kingdom visa.(unless country- specific agreements provide exemptions).
My passport is damaged or expiring soon, but I want to apply for a UK visa. What should I do?
Please obtain a new passport before your interview if:
- Your passport is scheduled to expire in less than 6 months from your date of scheduled return from United Kingdom.
- The film on the biographic data pages of your passport (i.e., page with your photo and back page with your parents’ information) is peeling, or
- Your passport is damaged in any way, torn, writing unclear or has been washed.
The UK visa in my passport is still valid but my passport has expired, do I need to apply for a new visa?
No. If your visa is valid and unmarked or undamaged, you can travel with your two passports together (old and new), if the purpose of your travel matches your current nonimmigrant visa. Additionally,all personal details on both passport’s should be same, they should be from the same country and of the same type (both diplomatic or both tourist)
I have accidentally damaged my UK visa. Do I need to reapply?
If your visa has been damaged, you will need to reapply for a new visa. If your visa was issued recently, you may not need to have a new interview. More information is available in the Renew My Visa section of our website.
Is hotel booking and insurance mandatory for getting a UK visa?
Yes, both are compulsory. Hotel booking is an important criteria for your visa to go through processing. Insurance is important for the applicant’s safety to cover in case of sudden injuries or natural disasters while in UK.
Can the visa fee be refunded if the visa gets rejected?
No, the visa fee is not refundable.
Do minors need to be accompanied by parents while travelling to UK?
Yes, minors (individuals below 14 years) have to be accompanied by a parents or guardian unless both parents have issued an NOC letter stating their approval of the child’s travel without either of them. The NOC has to be attached with the other supporting documents along with copies of both parents’ passports and submitted.