Canada is one of the most ideal Tourism destination in the world. Tourist & travelers from all parts of the world come to Canada to enjoy a short holiday or to meet their relatives, friends etc. The lenient immigration policy of Canada also lures the immigrants & travelers from all different parts of the globe and India.
To visit Canada you require a visa. Read this blog and get in touch with Arooha to begin the process of applying for a Canada visa from India.
Type of Visa
Temporary Resident Visa
Permanent Resident Travel Documents
Supporting documents to apply for a Canada visa
For a successful Canada visa application process from India, the Canada Embassy requires the applicant to hand over the following supporting documents along with the visa application form.
- If the individual is self-employed then current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
- Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.
- A letter from your employer specifying your position, salary, duration of employment, period of approved vacation and the business reason for travel, if any.
- Criminal/court records relating to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if the sentence was completed or you were pardoned.
Depending on your reason of travel, these are some extra documents that need to be be submitted.
Latest school results, transcripts and degrees/diplomas.
Proof of financial support (fixed deposit slips, monthly bank statements,etc.
Letter of employment from employer
3 months pay slips (most recent)
Business visitors and company directors
Evidence of your position in the company and your salary.
Visiting a relative
Bring photocopies of the documents that prove your relative’s residency status(e.g. valid visa, naturalization certificate, green card, etc).
Previous visitors to the United States
If you were previously in Canada, any documents confirming your immigration or visa status.
Canada Visa price
Two criteria that cause price fluctuations of your Canada visa are the applicant’s age and the visa type they are applying for.
The visa fee has to be paid to get a Canada visa and will not be refunded at any cost even if the visa gets rejected. Additionally, there is INR.2500/- as service charge for assistance throughout the visa process.
Canada Visa processing
What is the usual procedure when applying for a Canada visa?
The supporting documents listed above have to be submitted to the Arooha visa consultant helping you with the Canada visa. Upon submission, following procedures will be followed.
- Pay the Canada visa fee and the visa consultation fee, both of which are compulsory.
- Your documents will be checked by the visa consultant. You can also ask any questions you have and discuss about the most suitable visa type for you.
- The Canada visa application form will be filled, signed by you and all documents will be rechecked.
- You will receive an appointment date to submit the visa application and the supporting documents to the Canada Embassy.
- The visa issue phase begins and will also anywhere between 20 to 25 working days.
- You can collect the passport in person or opt for a courier return service. The passport will be sent via courier to the mentioned home or office address.
- In case of rejection & subsequent reapplication the above mentioned charges has to be repeated.
After all documents are handed over to the Canada embassy, how long will it take for the Canada visa to be issued?
The processing duration may fluctuate between 20 to 25 working days. In case of heavy rush processing time may be further delayed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the duration of the visa process?
The visa process duration might vary between 20 to 25 working days.
Is hotel booking and insurance mandatory for getting a Canada visa?
Yes, both are compulsory. Hotel booking is an important criteria for your visa to go through processing. Insurance is important for the applicant’s safety to cover in case of sudden injuries or natural disasters while in Canada.
What do I do if the visa gets delayed by the embassy?
When you are submitting the supporting documents you will receive a receipt by the embassy with their contact number. You can call that number and check the cause of the delay.
Can the visa fee be refunded if the visa gets rejected?
No, the visa fee is not refundable.